How to Start a startup of the Uber App?
Presently, Uber App has over 93 million active users across the globe.
The ridesharing industry has seen enormous growth in the past few years. Uber is perhaps the most obvious instance of a taxi-hailing business that has transformed into a multi-billion dollar business. In the year 2019 alone Uber’s global net revenues were 14.1 billion U.S dollars.
As the disease spread, the numbers changed due to the lockdown. In 2020 the monthly number of Uber rides dropped by 98 per cent. The total Uber rides totaled 5 billion in the year (in the year 2019, there were more than 7 billion rides). This year’s initial data indicates that the number of trips will increase at the end of the fourth quarter in 2022.
Many are therefore keen to know how to build an app that is similar to Uber and make it the heights of success.
In this article we’re going to go over the following subjects:
- The workings behind Uber’s operation.
- Features to be included.
- Business models for apps similar to Uber.
- Technology stacks to create an app that is similar to Uber.
- Costs to develop an app that is similar to Uber.
How to create an app similar to Uber App?
The best ways to earn money are from your Uber.
Find out how you can develop an app similar to Uber both from the business and technical sides.
HOW DOES THE UBER APP WORK?
The purpose of Uber-like applications is to aid you in making an inquiry for a ride by automatically detecting your location. The app then matches your request with the closest driver who is willing to accept the request. Once you’ve completed the ride you are able to have to pay for the ride, and can rate the ride.
Uber is an app with a global reach. Before getting into the technical aspects Let’s look into the logic of Uber’s operations.
Uber doesn’t own its own fleet of vehicles. Instead, Uber’s app connects drivers and passengers. The entire process of Uber is divided into five distinct steps:
Step 1. A user requests a vehicle through the Uber app, with a pre-determined destination. The app shows the car’s price, which can differ depending on the type of service users and the kind of Uber application.
Step 2. Ride verification. Passengers verify where they picked up passengers.
Step 3. Uber matches the ride with the closest driver available. The driver is able to accept or deny the request. In the event that the request is not accepted the app will redirect the request to a different driver.
Step 4. Payment is processed automatically when the ride is complete. The cash is withdrawn from an account for payment or a card that the user has already joined Uber. Uber is compatible with debit and credit cards, PayPal, Android and Apple Pay, etc. Users are able to agree to the standard driver’s tip or modify the amount.
Step 5. The rating feature is an essential aspect that is part of the Uber app. Customers rate drivers and drivers rate their passengers. This is how Uber offers the most enjoyable experience for both customers.
As you can observe, Uber services two types of customers: drivers and passengers.
Uber determines the cost of the trip based on the duration of the ride and the distance. The cost is per minute when a speed is slower than 11mph (18km/h). If a car is moving more quickly, the app will charge passengers per mile travelled.
Below is a breakdown of the costs of travelling by Uber in 6.2 miles (10 km) in various cities across the world.
To understand how to build an app that is similar to Uber we will look at the key features available for both drivers and passengers.
Uber App Passenger features
- Pick a place from an interactive map
- Quote for fare
- You must wait for the confirmation of your ride from the driver in the closest location.
- Track the movements of the driver.
- A payment that is not made with a card for a ride.
- Rating of a driver as well as the riding experience.
Uber App Driver features include:
- Accept a request from a passenger for a ride.
- Find out how to reach the passenger.
- Earn money for each excursion and also rate the passengers.
- Additionally, there’s an administrative area for local offices to oversee all trips processed through Uber.
HOW TO CREATE AN UBER-LIKE APP?
Before you start developing an app such as Uber, You must be aware of the steps to take to begin the planning of your project and plan for execution.
Step 1. Conduct thorough market research and develop an effective business plan based on the demand for your product.
Step 2. Design the buyer persona, and then draw the buyer journey map.
Step 3. Determine your Unique Points of Sale Points that the app will offer, as well as the goals of the business.
Step 4. Find out the features set.
Step 5. Hire an app development agency.
Step 6. Create necessary adjustments Based on feedback.
UBER APP DEVELOPMENT FEATURES FOR RIDERS
Below, you can view the essential features needed for developing a rideshare application.
Sign-up for users Implementation of these features by allowing users the user to sign-up and then sign in using email, phone number, as well as social media. The most well-known signup feature is made possible by Facebook, Twitter, Instagram as well as other social media sites. They allow users to reduce time because they don’t have to input all of the information manually.
- Car booking-Car booking is one of the most important attributes to make an app that is similar to Uber. The feature is typically used to provide users with an interactive map that has the capability to give their exact address, provide the pickup location, pick the kind of vehicle as well as other features.
- The calculation of fare – passengers must be able to determine the cost of the trip prior to the ride. The price is typically based on several factors, which makes this feature complicated to make it work from an end-to-end view.
- Driver tracking – If you are wondering how to create an app similar to Uber that people will enjoy this feature is the solution. Users should be able to monitor their car’s movements and be able to see the estimated time of the time of arrival.
- Payments – Implement multiple options for payment, such as paying via debit and credit cards, PayPal Android or Apple Pay Make sure to let passengers use cash as payment for rides.
- Push notifications – are an effective tool for keeping users updated on the status of their ride the time of arrival of the car as well as the driver’s information.
- Messaging is the capability to direct communications between a driver and the user of an application.
- Rating and review of the driver You should also use the option to rate every ride and driver to ensure passengers have the best possible experience.
- Contact Support for Customers – This must be included in the development. If your customers have issues with registration, payments or other issues. They should be able to contact an individual who can assist them.
- Travel History is a great feature to have in your app, which allows users to see their rides past, their payments, etc.
FEATURES FOR DRIVERS TO CREATE AN APP LIKE UBER
Find out how you can develop an app that is similar to Uber from the point of view of creating features that are useful to drivers. Here’s a list of the most basic features that you could offer.
- Driver verification – verification of the driver should be conducted through the administrative panel since it requires verification of a driver’s license or vehicle insurance policy, as well as documents from a car or other vehicle, etc.
- Trip alert – This feature informs drivers whenever an additional trip request is received and allows them to either accept or decline the request. The alert contains information regarding the location of the passenger, their review, the route, etc.
- Push notifications are used to inform about any change in the routing, pickup location or request status, for example.
- Navigation and route optimization helps drivers arrive at their pick-up point quicker, thanks to the integration with Apple and Google Maps.
- Revenue reports – This feature gives details about the earnings of drivers and allows them to check out data on monthly or daily earnings.
- Messaging enables direct communication between drivers and a customer within the taxi app, such as Uber.
- Apart from the basics, the development of uber-like apps can also come with advanced capabilities.
- Passenger Destinations: the capability for drivers to choose an exclusive ride with their desired destinations.
- Quest earnings are the possibility for drivers to earn higher through completing a specified number of journeys.
- Waiting time: If the wait time is more than five minutes, passengers are charged additionally.
- Heat maps allow drivers to design their routes and shift to places with a high density.
- Forward dispatch – the ability to accept a new ride while still completing a current ride.
WHAT TECHNOLOGY IS BEHIND THE UBER APP?
In this section of the article, you’ll discover how to build an app that is similar to Uber from an engineering perspective. Because Uber has opened its API general public and you are able to use it to develop an app that is similar to Uber. In addition, you can find an overview of the technological integrations you could require for Uber-like app development.
The main technology in an app such as Uber is the widespread usage of GPS. Other features that are important comprise push notifications the integration of payment gateways and routing creation.
What, then, is the most important feature of your taxi-hailing app to give you the same level of service as Uber?
Simple UI/UX design
The app should have a simple design that appeals to both passengers and drivers. The layout of the app will help designers develop new features without drawing a completely new layout each when an Uber programmer creates the next feature. In this regard, Uber is using its own user interface framework which we’ll talk about in the near future.
In time, the number of features offered by the app will expand. Consider a microservice-based architecture for your application from the very beginning. We have already discussed the differences between microservice and monolithic structures in the earlier article. In the simplest terms, monolithic architecture eases regular app updates as well as the deployment of new parts for apps.
Services for streaming
A lot of Uber’s functions work in real-time. From tracking location along with matching payment and maps, all this capability requires substantial computing capacity and is expected to run without interruption. Furthermore, these activities occur several times in a second in various parts of the world. In this regard hosting servers, on-premises fail to deliver streamlined operation. That’s why Uber is hosting its cloud hosting infrastructure which is a dedicated network that is located in a certain geographical region so that services online can function without interruptions.
Being in various areas and serving millions of customers produces a huge amount of information. There aren’t a solution on-premises capable of storing this amount of data. This is why Uber uses cloud storage.
Expand your business with Brisk Logic:
With more than 10 years of experience making mobile applications, Our team here at Brisk Logic provide impeccable service to our customers. Our app specialists can help you through market trends and the most recent technologies to help you adapt your idea. We can help you expand your business and create loyal customers by creating high-quality apps for the web platform, iOS, and Android.
You may be looking for a business viewpoint or technical expertise or technical expertise, we here at Brisk Logic will be keen to hear about your ideas and offer our decades of experience and expertise in app development. Drop us a line here and we’ll take your idea from there.
FEEL FREE TO DROP US A LINE.