Mobile Apps – Web vs Native vs Hybrid
There are as yet numerous misguided judgments encompassing mobile apps development, particularly for mobile. As we move into a mobile world, numerous organizations considering mobile applications are confronting a common challenge — which would it be advisable for us to pick? Would it be advisable for us to build a native, mobile web, or hybrid application?
The answer depends on certain factors. These factors are a follows:
- How much faster you need to build the app
- What is your objective to build an app
- What features you need in the app
- What is your budget to develop an app
To help you decide, let us take an understanding about them and look at their differences, in order to understand which approach will be beneficial.
Native Apps are what comes to the greater part of our brains when we consider mobile applications and are downloaded from the App Store or Google Play. What recognizes native applications from mobile web and hybrid apps is that they are developed for specific devices. For example, Android applications are written in Java and iPhone applications are written in Objective-C.
The benefit of picking a native app is that it is the quickest and most reliable with regards to the client experience. Native applications can also connect with all of the device’s operating systems features, for example, the microphone, camera, contact records, and so on. Be that as it may, a huge budget is required if you need to build your application for different platforms (for example iPhones and Android) and to keep your native application updated. Brisk Logic has built many applications for their clients who wanted to build native applications.
Advantages of Native App
- Native Apps are Fast and Responsive
- Native Apps make easier to tap into wider device functionality (like, microphone, camera etc)
- By using Native Apps, you can easily match the UI/UX to platform conventions.
Disadvantages of Native App
- The main disadvantage is that you can not use more than one codebase.
- They are costlier and takes time to build
Brisk Logic has developed many interactive web applications, which are user friendly and less expensive to build.
Advantages of Web Apps
- They are easy to maintain and use a common code base at multiple platforms
- They are less expensive
- They don’t require approval from the app marketplace; and can be released at any time and in any format.
Disadvantages of Web Apps
- They have a smaller scope, when it comes to the device features.
- They are slower and less responsive in terms of native apps.
- They are less interactive and intuitive when compared to native apps.
A Hybrid Application joins components of both native and web applications. Hybrid applications can be disseminated through the app stores simply like a native app, and they can consolidate operating systems features. Like a web application, hybrid applications can also utilize cross-compatible web technologies.
Hybrid applications are normally simpler and quicker to create than native applications. They also require less maintenance. On the other side, the speed of your hybrid application will rely totally upon the speed of the user browser. This implies hybrid applications will never run as quickly as a native application runs.
Brisk Logic has developed many hybrid applications using the latest advancements like PhoneGap and canvas.
Advantages of Hybrid App
- It utilizes one codebase to manage
- It Saves Time and Money
- While using hybrid apps, you can have the access of the device features. It saves Time and Money
Disadvantages of Hybrid App
- Performance in Hybrid App is the main disadvantage.
- Cross-Platform development is tough in hybrid apps.
Confused, which one to choose?
So as to settle on the correct decision, it’s imperative to understand the differences of every alternative as you’re going the correct way. Native, Web App and Hybrid applications each have their own qualities and shortcomings, and your final choice will depend on your organization’s needs. Subsequent to thinking about your choices, it’s critical to work with app developers that can bring life into your thought proficiently and cost-effectiveness.
Whichever approach you pick should, most importantly, it should be speedy, responsive, and dependable. As clients are requesting more from mobile experiences, it’s essential to stay aware of their changing demands.
At Brisk Logic, we will help you to choose the right decision for your application. We at Brisk Logic have extensive experience to make our clients’ ideas into reality. We provide customized solutions to your problems and assist you in taking the right decision for your product.