Decoding Computer Interfaces:
10 Quick Facts
You Might Not Know
07 June 2023
1.Computer interfaces date back to the 1960s, with the rise of personal computers.
2. Interface design transitioned from text-based Command Line Interfaces (CLI) to Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) in the 1980s.
3. Most GUIs are based on the WIMP (Windows, Icons, Menus, Pointer) interaction model.
4. The 2000s saw the emergence of touch interfaces, revolutionizing device interaction.
5. Haptic technology in interfaces provides tactile feedback, enhancing user experience.
6. Voice User Interfaces (VUIs) have surged, with virtual assistants like Siri and Alexa.
7. Gesture recognition technology enables user interaction through body movements.
8. Cutting-edge Brain-Computer Interfaces (BCI) translate brain activity into commands.
9. AR interfaces blend digital elements into the real world, expanding interaction possibilities.
10.Modern interfaces aim for universal design, accommodating all users, including those with disabilities.