Which Tech Stack to Use for Your Product?
Planning to build a new project? An MVP ( Minimum Viable Product) will help you to bring your idea into reality. It serves as a foundation base for the development teams on which the whole project depends upon. It will guide you in which direction you have to move.But before any code to be written by the development team, you need to decide which tech to use for your product?
Either you are an expert of technologies but deciding the tech stack has never been an easy task. To decide between the front end tech stack and backend technology stack has never been a cup of tea.
If you are also confused on deciding which tech stack to use for your product? This article will help you to know about different tech stacks, will provide an insight about the front end tech stack, backend technology stack and will help you to decide which tech stack to use for your product?
- What is Tech Stack?
- Client-Side Programming and Server Side Programming
- Comparison between Web and Mobile Tech Stack
- Technology Stack for Web Applications
- Database for Website Development
- Mobile Tech Stack
- How to Choose a Technology Stack?
- Technology Stack Examples of Successful Projects
- How can We Help You?
What is Tech Stack?
A Tech Stack is a set of tools that are utilized to develop and control an application. It comprises a blend of programming applications, frameworks, and programming languages that understand a few parts of the program.
According to the structure, applications have two types of elements i.e Client Side and Server Side Programming. Client Side Programming is known as Front end and Server Side Programming is known as backend technologies. When these programming are combined they are known as tech stacks.
Before digging a deep about which tech stack to use for your product? Let’s first know about front end tech stack and backend technology stack.
Client-Side Programming and Server Side Programming
The scripts can be written in two structures, at the server end (back end) or at the client end (server end). The primary contrast between server-side scripting and client-side scripting is that the server-side scripting includes a server for its preparation. Then again, client-side scripting expects browsers to run the scripts on the client device yet doesn’t connect with the server while handling the client-side scripts.
Client side programming is also known as front end programming. Client-side scripting is performed to produce a code that can run on the Client end (program) without requiring server-side handling. Essentially, these kinds of scripts are set inside an HTML report. The client-side scripting can be utilized to look at the client’s structure for the errors before submitting it and for changing the content as per the client’s input.
Client Side Scripting Technologies
- HTML: It is the major structural building block of web programming which gives the edge to the site. It portrays the course of action of the content.
- CSS: CSS gives an approach to design the visual components which help in showing up of the web application more attractive.
Server Side Programming is also known as backend programming. Server-side scripting is a procedure of programming for delivering the code which can run programming on the server-side, in basic words any scripting or programming that can run on the webserver is known as server-side scripting. The activities like customization of a site, dynamic change in the site content, reaction age to the client’s questions, getting to the database, etc are performed at the server end.
Server Side Scripting Technologies:
After the approach of Common Gateway Interface (CGI), various programming languages were developed, for example, PHP, Python, Ruby, ColdFusion, C#, Java, C++, etc for server-side scripting among which some of them are portrayed beneath:
- PHP: It is the most common server-side language utilized on the web which was intended to remove and control data in the database. The language is utilized in relationship with SQL language for the Database. It is utilized in Facebook, WordPress and Wikipedia.
- Python: The language is quick and contains shorter code. It is useful for beginners as it focuses on the intelligibility and effortlessness of the code. Python works well in the object-oriented environment and utilized in popular sites like Youtube, Google, and so on.
- Ruby: It contains complex rationale which bundles the back-end with database utility which can likewise be given by PHP and SQL.
Comparison between Web and Mobile Tech Stack
Web applications are for the most part web empowered. In this way, clients don’t need to download them to get to it. Web application tech stack utilizes the assets given by the framework. In this manner, it utilizes as much as is given to the browser. Along with this, to build a web application, you should utilize a blend of front-end and back-end innovations.
Mobile applications are made for a specific mobile platform, i.e a specific environment and can’t be repeated to another environment. To utilize a mobile application, the consumer ought to download it from the application/play store. Accordingly, to construct a mobile application, you should utilize stage situated advances – Swift and Objective-C for iOS and Java or Kotlin for Android application improvement.
Technology Stack for Web Applications
Technology Stack for Web Application has been divided into two segments i.e Backend technology stack and Front end tech stack.
Front End Tech Stack
The front end technology stack is the thing that clients see when they connect with the program. Thus, the frontend stack’s essential concern is advantageous client experience, open UI, and clear inward structures.
Front End Tools for Web Development
- Html: HTML is known as Hyper Text Markup Language. It is a programming language utilized for depicting the structure of data introduced on a website page. The latest version of HTML is HTML5 — which has new components and traits for making web applications all the more effectively and viably. The principal advantage that HTML5 is that it has sound and video support, which was excluded from past adaptations of HTML.
- CSS: CSS is known as Cascading Style Sheet. It is a style sheet language that portrays the look and designing of an archive written in HTML. CSS is utilized for explaining text and embed tags in styled electronic reports.
The latest version of CSS is CSS3. It bolsters responsive plan, permitting site components to react diversely when seen on devices of various sizes. CSS3 is additionally part of heaps of individual modules, both improving its usefulness and making it less difficult to work with. What’s more, animations and 3D changes work better in CSS3.
Front End Frameworks
Frontend frameworks are the packages with prewritten, normalized code organized in files and folders. They furnish engineers with an establishment of pretested, practical code to expand on alongside the capacity to change the last structure. Frameworks assist developers with sparing time as they don’t have to compose each and every line of code without any preparation.
- React.js: It is developed and maintained by Facebook, React is one of the most mainstream frameworks for building intuitive UIs. It’s valued by the reusability of parts, high in performance, and smooth learning curve.
- Viu.js: Vue.js is quickly picking up popularity during ongoing years. It epitomizes the best features of React and Angular. Its key points of interest are a non-steep learning curve to absorb information, amazing execution, flawless programming style and a rich ecosystem of tools.
Backend Technology Stack
Despite the fact that the backend performs offstage and isn’t noticeable to clients, the motor drives your application and actualizes its logic. The web server, which is a piece of the backend, acknowledges requests from a browser, forms these requests as indicated by a specific logic, goes to the database if necessary, and sends back the pertinent content. The backend comprises a database, a server application, and the server itself.
Backend Tools for Website Development
- Node.js: NodeJS is an open-source cross-platform engine for building server-side applications. It is the spine of the MEAN stack. NodeJS fills in as an incorporated web server for the smooth deployment of MongoDB and the application itself to the cloud.
With NodeJS, you can get more usefulness into your application. Based on Google’s V8 JS engine, it’s recognized as one of the most effective and lightweight server-side systems. It improves runtime execution and effectively handles data-intensive tasks which prompts quicker application advancement and better adaptability. NodeJS accompanies the biggest storehouse of libraries – npm.
Ruby on Rails has a great deal of supporters since it makes composing and debugging code quicker and simpler. Interestingly, Ruby engineers can receive rewards from open source instruments that accelerate advancement.
- PHP: PHP is a server scripting language, and a useful asset for making dynamic and intelligent Web pages. PHP is a broadly utilized, free, and productive option in contrast to competitors, for example, Microsoft’s ASP. PHP 7 is the most recent stable release.
- Python: Python is a high-level, broadly useful programming language with a reference implementation that compiles source code into bytecode before being executed on a virtual machine.
Database for Website Development
A database is an organized assortment of data. Databases ordinarily incorporate aggregations of information records or documents. For instance, in internet business advancement, these records or documents will be sales transactions, item indexes and inventories, and client profiles.
- Mongodb: This database flaunts various capacities, for example, a document based information model. MongoDB is an extraordinary decision with regards to calculating distances and making sense of geospatial data about clients, as this database has explicit geospatial highlights. It’s likewise acceptable as a component of technology stack for online business, event, and gaming applications.
- Express.js: Express.js is a back-end web application database that supports and hosts Node.js projects. It helps with sorting out your application into a MVC design on the server-side. The primary task of Express.js is to deal with the work process between the customer side and the information model, guaranteeing simple moving of information to end-clients.
- MySql: Particularly designed for web development, MySQL gives high performance and adaptability. This database is the best fit for applications that depend vigorously on multi-row transactions, for example, a run of the mill banking application. As a rule, MySQL is as yet an extraordinary decision for a wide scope of applications.
Server Providers for Web Applications
A developer needs a spot to spread out written code directly from the beginning of development. For this, we utilize a server setup.
- Apache: Apache is an open-source and free HTTP server that moves the content between the server and customer machines upon request. To be exact, it gets the content from the server, goes it to static HTML documents and returns it to the program.
- Nginx: Nginx is a web server that allows for setting up the reverse proxies, load balancing and more.
Mobile Tech Stack
To make your mobile application development project fulfilling and fruitful, picking the correct mobile tech stack is essential. The technology stack gives your undertaking life as well as makes it viable, versatile, and focused on your useful prerequisites.
The mobile tech stack for your mobile application depends upon mobile platform that includes:
- IOS Technologies
- Android Technologies
- Cross Platform Technologies
IOS App Development
To build an application for Apple gadgets you should discover an engineer who’s knowledgeable about Objective C and Swift, since they are the principle programming languages for iOS application improvement. Additionally, mobile application developers may utilize incorporated improvement situations, for example, JetBrains AppCode and Apple’s Xcode.
- Objective C: Objective-C is an old programming language that utilizes pointer ideas like — C, C++ programming languages. In any case, tried and tested by numerous developers, Objective-C is dependable and hosts various third-party frameworks.
- Swift: Contrasted with Objective-C, Swift is a more current programming language released in 2014, and utilized for iOS application development. Its fundamental focal points are the speed up coding, better memory of the executives, code reusability, and progressively debugging.
Tools for IOS App Development
- Xcode: Xcode is a development environment coordinated with the Cocoa and Cocoa Touch frameworks. It incorporates a lot of developer tools for creating applications utilizing Objective-C. The Xcode programming bundle comprises a text editor, a compiler, and a build system that permits iOS engineers to compose, compile, debug applications, and submit them legitimately to the Apple application store.
Android App Development
- Java: Java is the most famous object-oriented programming language for Android mobile applications utilized by such enormous players as Google and Yahoo. To fabricate your application, Android engineers will utilize Android SDK which incorporates various libraries for data structure, illustrations, maths, and systems administration.
- Kotlin: Kotlin is the second most famous Android application development language dependent on Java Virtual Machine (JVM), basically utilized for creating server-side applications. Kotlin’s primary favorable position is class required for less code. For instance, a specific section where Kotlin can essentially diminish the aggregate sum of standard code is find ViewByIds, one of the most widely recognized tasks in Android development.
Tool for Android App Development
- Android Studio: Android Studio is the authority Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for creating Android applications. Developers use Android Studio for tasks, including composing the code, performance tooling, and debugging.
Cross – Platform App Development
This methodology implies developing mobile applications that can be utilized on numerous mobile platforms. A cross-stage approach permits engineers to utilize a solitary code base, so mobile applications are developed for various platforms at the same time and are adjusted to most devices.
- Xamarin: Xamarin is a tool for cross-platform mobile application development that permits developers to share around 90 percent of code across significant platforms. Xamarin utilizes C# as the primary language for cross-stage improvement. C# is a statically composed language with developed tooling and IDE support. Applications written in C# are cross-gathered to local Android and iOS pairs. It’s even conceivable to utilize device-specific APIs and usefulness from inside C# code. For instance, applications like Slack and Pinterest are worked with Xamarin.
How to Choose a Technology Stack?
You have a choice of technology stacks for your project, yet which one is directly for you to use in your project? It’s critical to have a strong arrangement at the top of the priority list while picking a tech stack, if you need to have proficient, utilitarian programming however something progressively like practicality, versatility, and security.
1. Know the Project Requirement
Everything begins with the type of project you are managing, and the basic project requirements. In the event that you are managing a small project, you may need to deliver it at the earliest. For quick development, you can utilize basic and user-friendly technologies, for example, WordPress or different CMS. This technology works when you have to deliver a working model as quickly as time permits.
For mid-level project requirements, you might need to utilize a blend of programming languages which will present various features and functionality in the product solution. The technology ought to be with the end goal that it tends to be consistently coordinated into the various platforms. This would incorporate advances, for example, Java or C#.
Lastly, for the complex projects, you ought to pick a mix of a few programming languages and web technologies. The decision of technology and language would rely upon the size of the task just as the business objectives.
2. Validating a Product
Including technology to your stack in any case, not having a quality product can demolish your chances of accomplishment. You should ensure your product is sufficient and has a market.
It is essential to validate the product before you proceed onward with the technology stack. Either make a static point of arrival on or WordPress to present your product and the issue you are solving. When validated, start with the essential element. Present features, each in turn, for the best outcomes. Ensure you screen the progress real-time. As development is agile, you might have the option to alter the course of the undertaking according to the need and the feedback got.
3. Scalability Requirements
What is the job of the tech stack in the scalability of an application? It is a strong establishment. Without a doubt, it very well may be changed to a great extent as indicated by performance results, yet there must be something to improve.
There are two types of scalability:
- Horizontal Scalability: It implies the capacity of a web application to suit more requests. As it were, an application must have the option to work if the quantity of users develops significantly.
- Vertical Stability: It implies the capacity to add new segments to a web application without harming its performance.
You need to prior think of scalability before picking up the technology stack. However, both the scalability types are equally important and will help in growth and development of the product.
The impact of performance stats originates from two sources. One from the business prerequisite, and the other is the thing that the technology is fit for in a circumstance. Performance requirements rely upon how quick the framework can respond and what number of requests the framework can process at what rate.
Budgeting the tech stack is presumably the trickiest thing in the whole development process. Why? All things considered, software development isn’t exactly composing on a bit of paper with a pencil — it requests a huge money related asset to take care of business. The cost includes:
- Salary of the Developer
- Maintenance Cost of the Product
- License fee and education of the Technology
- Hosting Cost of the Product
Technology Stack Examples of Successful Projects
There are certain tech stack examples of successful applications that will provide you more clarity in which tech stack to use for your product. Let’s have a look at them.
Airbnb is the world’s most notable hospitality service that helps a huge number of individuals discover rental apartments and transient lodging, It is dependent on Ruby on Rails. The technologies used in this are as follows:
- Ruby on Rails
- Amazon S3
- Amazon EC2
- Amazon RDS
Dropbox is another tech stack example. It is a file exchange service. Technologies included in this are as follows:
- Amazon S3
Uber is another tech stack example. It is the most popular taxi booking app. The technologies used in this are as follows:
- Objective- C
Netflix is another example of a tech stack. It is a video streaming platform. The technologies included in this are as follows:
- Amazon S3
- AWS CloudFront
- AWS Elastic Transcoder
Spotify is another tech stack example. It is a music streaming platform that provides you millions of songs. The technologies included in this are as follows:
- Google Analytics
- G Suite
- Amazon S3
- Amazon CloudFront
- New Relic
How can We Help You?
We at Brisk Logic, take care of the customer preferences and needs. We believe in providing the top-notch quality to our clients by providing customized and robust solutions in mobile app development as well as web development.
Our dedicated team will assist you in developing your dream product as you desire. From building an MVP to the responsive application we provide our services to our customers.
We have provided customized solutions as per the client requirement in various tech stacks such as MEAN stack, MERN stack, MEVN stack, and LAMP stack. Our team will help you to decide your tech stack for your product as per your requirements and will assist you in building your product.
Want to know more about us, how can we assist you in building your product, feel free to contact us at www.brisklogic.co.
Choosing a correct tech stack for the product is a real challenge. However the center thought that should control you is as per the following: pick the technologies as per your project. You shouldn’t depend on time-demonstrated technologies possibly, regardless of whether they have been utilized by some enormous and fruitful organizations or noticeable projects have been practiced with their assistance.
You ought to consistently be realistic and consider all advantages and disadvantages. An inappropriate decision of a technology stack may end in monetary misfortunes, so if you aren’t knowledgeable about web development or mobile development, leave the decision to experts. A group of expert developers will have the option to pick the correct tools for delivering a quality application with all the usefulness you need.